The Groove Method® Facilitator Online Training (Montreal, Canada)
Saturdays February 4, 11, & 18th, 10am – 2pm EST
Live in Person
Sunday February 26th, 9am – 5pm EST
Studio Name & Location:
Espace Joie de Vivre
Master Trainers: Laurie-Lynn Macdonald (in person) and Dani Nobrega (online)
This 16 hour online certification program is your first step to becoming an official facilitator in The Groove Method by Misty Tripoli. You will learn, grow and develop empowering skills that will enable you to guide folks through this delicious dance experience that is changing millions of people’s lives around the world. Welcome to our global tribe! It is super important that you attend each online Zoom class as you will be learning and getting mentorship from the best of the best – our talented Master Trainer team that has over a decade of knowledge and experience in teaching and growing Groove communities around the world. You will have the opportunity to put your newly learned skills into practice, ask questions, dance your heart out and connect with likeminded dance lovers. In addition to weekly Zoom classes, expect approximately 3-4 hours of homework per week – but don’t worry groove homework is FUN!
Early Bird rate ends Friday January 6, 2023
Registration is in USD, Early Bird US$550.00 / Regular US$600.00.
Final day to register for this training is Friday February 3, 2023
Groove Certification Course Details
- How to teach simple rhythms and movements to create group unification and class structure.
- Developing an intimate relationship with music and exploring your own unique way of moving.
- The Groove philosophy and how to inspire your participants to lessen judgements and fears to express themselves freely.
- The Art of Facilitation, language, coaching and the ins and outs of your role as leader in the Groove dance space.
- Creating a diverse dance experience from warm-up to cool down including strength, cardio, rhythm connection, group interactions and personal more meditative moments.
- Navigating The Groove Academy Online Resources and how to access tutorial videos, educational materials, playlists and all you need to build your Groove music library.
- Growing Groove in your community and getting started with your 6 practices classes to complete your certification.
What is Included in Course Fees
- Four 4 hour online Zoom Groove Certification Program classes led by your Master Trainer.
- The Groove Method Facilitator Certification Manual WorkBook PDF (editable online).
- 3 month trial access to The Groove Academy Online Resources where you will find educational content, video tutorials, sample playlists, coaching guides, marketing materials and much more.
- Practicum submission and feedback session with a Master Trainer upon completion of your practicum.
What is The Practicum Process?
Upon completion of the Online Groove Facilitator Training you will gain access as a Provider of The Groove Method to a library of resources for 3 months that will help you begin your Groove classes in your community. To become a certified Groove Facilitator, you must teach up to 6 practice classes using provided marketing materials, record one full class and submit it to us at The Groove Academy for revision. Within 10 days you will hear back from a Master Trainer who will further guide and mentor you. Once approved you will receive an official certificate and be then upgraded to Facilitator status where your library on the Online Resources will open up significantly. Get ready to have access to 1,000+ Grooves and resources to keep you engaged and active in your community as a Groove Facilitator. The Groove Method by Misty Tripoli is a licensing program that you can establish when your 3 month trial is up or upon completion of your certification. Licensing fees are $260.00 USD yearly or $25.00 USD monthly.
Continuing Education Opportunities with The Groove Academy
Groove KIDS/Families Online Certification
Groove FIT Online Certification
Groove YAH Young At Heart Online Workshop
Groove Experience provided through Zoom Online Workshop
Groove Advanced Facilitation Training
Groove Designer Training
*Registered participants will receive an email from us 10 days prior to training start date with further course details