The Groove Method® Facilitator IN PERSON Training
Dates, Times and Location (all dates are mandatory to attend)
Saturday March 5, 2022 from 4pm-8pm (Denmark time) – Zoom Online Meetup 1 (mandatory)
Saturday March 19, 2022 from 3pm-7pm (Denmark time) – Zoom Online Meetup 2 (mandatory)
Saturday April 2, 2022 – In-Person Meetup 3 (mandatory) – times and location in Aarhus, DK will be announced shortly.
Sunday April 3, 2022 – In-Person Meetup 4 (mandatory) – times and location in Aarhus, DK will be announced shortly.
For more information about hotels and happenings at the In-Person Weekend, scroll further down.
*IMPORTANT pre-course work:
To attend the in person training and complete your certification, you will need to attend two online Zoom classes:
Saturday March 5, 2022 from 4pm-8pm Denmark time.
Saturday March 19, 2022 from 3pm-7pm Denmark time.
Please note, in addition to the above in person training times and online meet-ups, trainees are expected to review video content and assignments online in their own time prior to the in person training weekend.
Master Teacher: Torild Hjertemod
Language: English / Danish
Early Bird rate ends Friday February 4, 2022.
Registration is in US$, Early Bird US$550.00 / Regular US$600.00.
Final day to register for this training is Friday March 4, 2022!
In this training you will learn all the skills and tools you need to provide a delicious dance experience that nurtures the mind, body, heart and soul, course content includes:
- How to teach simple movement to create group unification.
- The Groove Philosophy and how to integrate these principles into the dance floor experience and your life!
- What language to use to inspire participants to lessen judgment, be creative and free to dance uniquely in their own way.
- How to create a deliciously diverse dance experience that nurtures the whole self, building strength, cardio, rhythm connection, dynamic interactions and individual creative exploration.
- How to navigate the online resources and build your Groove music library.
- How to begin your Groove class offerings and build a tribe of Groovers in your community.
What to Expect:
- 2 online Zoom classes and 2 days in person with your Master Trainer and training group including a combination of theory, practice time, grooving and rich conversations.
- Online video workshop to prepare you for the in-person online meetings.
- Fun and interactive homework assignments.
- Online partner facilitation work with assigned fellow Groovers.
- Global community support.
- Marketing and promotional materials.
- 3 month access to The Groove Academy online resources filled with tutorial videos, sample playlists, facilitation support videos and documents, slide presentations of classes and manual.
- 6 practice classes provided by you in your community (preferred) or online and evaluation/feedback of 1 class by one of our Master Teacher.
What you will get:
Theory and practice how to create your own GROOVE class
3 months license, marketing material, tutorials, playlists and worldwide support
The Groove Method is a license program.
After your 3-months license ends, you’re required to obtain your Groove license to continue providing Groove classes.
1 year license: US$260.00, monthly payments available of US$25.00.
Continuing education possibilities after becoming a licensed Facilitator:
Groove KIDS/Families Online Certification
Groove FIT Online Certification
Groove YAH Young At Heart Online Workshop
Groove Experience provided through Zoom Online Workshop
Groove Advanced Facilitation Training to deepen your skills
Groove Designer Training
Accommodation, Parking and other Groove Happenings
Hotel Premier Inn – Link
Free parking at hotel and training hall.
Arriving by train please ask for a lift from Solihull station to the hall, this is a 10 min drive.
Additional Community Groove led by Master Teacher Annabelle Neudam on Sunday March 27, 2022 from 11:30am-12:30pm. Feel free to stay and join the groove.