The Groove Method® Facilitator IN PERSON Training
Dates, Times and Location (all dates are mandatory to attend)
Saturday March 5, 2022 from 9am-1pm (Chicago Time) – Zoom Online Meetup 1 (mandatory)
Saturday March 19, 2022 from 9am-1pm (Chicago Time) – Zoom Online Meetup 2 (mandatory)
Saturday March 26, 2022 from 2pm-6pm (Chicago Time) – In-Person Meetup 3 (mandatory) at The Ruth Page Center for the Arts, 1016 N. Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60610, USA.
Sunday March 27, 2022 from 10am-2pm (Chicago Time) – In-Person Meetup 4 (mandatory) at The Ruth Page Center for the Arts, 1016 N. Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60610, USA.
(Venue website) (Google Maps Venue)
*IMPORTANT pre-course work:
To attend the in person training and complete your certification, you will need to attend two online Zoom classes:
Saturday March 5, 2022 from 9am-1pm Chicago Time.
Saturday March 19, 2022 from 9am-1pm Chicago Time.
Please note, in addition to the above in person training times and online meet-ups, trainees are expected to review video content and assignments online in their own time prior to the in person training weekend.
Master Teacher: Heather Winia
Early Bird rate ends Friday February 4, 2022.
Registration is in US$, Early Bird US$550.00 / Regular US$600.00.
Final day to register for this training is Friday March 4, 2022!
In this training you will learn all the skills and tools you need to provide a delicious dance experience that nurtures the mind, body, heart and soul, course content includes:
- How to teach simple movement to create group unification.
- The Groove Philosophy and how to integrate these principles into the dance floor experience and your life!
- What language to use to inspire participants to lessen judgment, be creative and free to dance uniquely in their own way.
- How to create a deliciously diverse dance experience that nurtures the whole self, building strength, cardio, rhythm connection, dynamic interactions and individual creative exploration.
- How to navigate the online resources and build your Groove music library.
- How to begin your Groove class offerings and build a tribe of Groovers in your community.
What to Expect:
- 2 online Zoom classes and 2 days in person with your Master Trainer and training group including a combination of theory, practice time, grooving and rich conversations.
- Online video workshop to prepare you for the in-person online meetings.
- Fun and interactive homework assignments.
- Online partner facilitation work with assigned fellow Groovers.
- Global community support.
- Marketing and promotional materials.
- 3 month access to The Groove Academy online resources filled with tutorial videos, sample playlists, facilitation support videos and documents, slide presentations of classes and manual.
- 6 practice classes provided by you in your community (preferred) or online and evaluation/feedback of 1 class by one of our Master Teacher.
What you will get:
Theory and practice how to create your own GROOVE class
3 months license, marketing material, tutorials, playlists and worldwide support
The Groove Method is a license program.
After your 3-months license ends, you’re required to obtain your Groove license to continue providing Groove classes.
1 year license: US$260.00, monthly payments available of US$25.00.
Continuing education possibilities after becoming a licensed Facilitator:
Groove KIDS/Families Online Certification
Groove FIT Online Certification
Groove YAH Young At Heart Online Workshop
Groove Experience provided through Zoom Online Workshop
Groove Advanced Facilitation Training to deepen your skills
Groove Designer Training