get your groove on!
The Groove DANCEfloor is a dynamically interactive and creative group dance experience.
With great music, your facilitator will UNITE everyone in a simple movement or rhythm but you get to dance it your own UNIQUE way.
While exploring a variety of styles and genres, we encourage you to enjoy and feel good in your body, every step along the way.
You’ll experience everything from slow delicious meditative grooves, to heart thumping and strength building cardio beats.
The perfect recipe to nurture your body, mind, heart and soul.
UNITE, DANCE, BE YOURSELF
Our motto… Come as you are!
Everyone ’s welcome on the DANCEfloor – all shapes, sizes, ages, demographics, and abilities.
No special equipment, clothing or expertise needed. If you can move you can Groove!
The Groove Philosophy is based on the 5 Groove Truth
We all know these things, but common sense is not always common practice.
- WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK OF YOU IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS – nobody really cares what you look like dancing …and if they do, it’s their problem.
- YOUR WAY IS THE RIGHT WAY – There is no right or wrong way to dance, find your own unique expression.
- NO ONE CAN DO IT FOR YOU – You are responsible for you, only you can take responsibility for your health and happiness.
- YOU SHOULD LOOK DIFFERENT – You are different, your body moves differently from everyone else’s, practice being yourself.
- YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND SOMETHING UNTIL YOU APPLY IT –These are all just good ideas until put into practice. The real work is in the doing.
Here’s a few more pointers to make your Groove Experiences delicious!
- Dress super comfy – Dress up, dress down or dress like a clown, we don’t care what you look like and that’s a promise!
- Shoes are optional – We recommend without, but you do what feels right for you.
- We work up some serious heat when we Groove – it’s important to hydrate for class, bring a bottle and take a water break whenever you need to.
- MANAGE YOURSELF! – Always be kind to yourself and do what you need to do to feel comfortable.
- A Groove class begins with a gentle and delicious warm up to prepare the body for bigger and more expansive movement, you’ll eventually get your heart rate up, build strength, while having the best time ever to awesome music, ending with a yummy stretch followed by stillness and breathing exercises.
- We use the entire space: the floors, the walls, and even each other to create a mind-blowing dance party.
- There is no right or left, no front or back of the room and complicated choreography. Simplicity is key.
- The Groove philosophy and its central truths are used in every experience but expect fresh and diverse energy, music, and inspiration – as every facilitator brings their own flare.
- The magic of the Groove experience is the amazing energy felt when we UNITE in a common movement or rhythm but everyone gets to be themselves Grooving in their own UNIQUE way – you’ll feel the good vibes with your tribe!
- There’s no talking when we Groove as it’s distracting and can make people feel uncomfortable so we kindly ask you to let your body do all the talking.
- Need a break? Or not feeling the song?
There ’s always a designated Chill Out Zone on the DANCEfloor for you to chill, stretch, take a break and do whatever you wish (except talking).
- You wanna do your own thing? The Freestyle zone is where you can freestyle and go nuts!